Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Answered Prayers

As most of you know Brynn gave us a scare this week and had to be hospitalized overnight. She became very sick on Sunday with a high fever, vomiting, and a headache, and with all that has been going around this made us really worry. I got her in to see Dr. Lipscomb first thing Monday morning and he was very concerned about her then. He did several test and gave us a diagnoses (UTI) and said we should watch her close the rest of the afternoon. So we left, went to get the prescriptions filled and then returned home. Once we were home she began the vomiting again and the doctor immediately wanted her to come back in to the office. I rushed her back up to Denison to have her checked again, and this time he said that she was very dehydrated and he would need to begin an IV. So, at the office Brynn had an IV put in...she was so brave, no tears, but very scared and told us it was really hurting as she sort of made this "help me mommy" face. From there we went over to the hospital to get her a room and hooked up to the IV fluids. That evening Brynn still was vomiting, but her fever had gone down. The next morning Brynn was able to eat some cheerios and had really made some great progress. Later on Tuesday afternoon the doctor said he felt that she was well enough to go on home and rest there without the IV, and just as soon as the IV was out Brynn was back to her happy little self. This was a definite answer to our prayers.

I am thankful to have such a wonderful pediatrician that cares for Brynn. Dr. Lipscomb was very informative and helpful. He made Brynn feel very comfortable and protected the entire time. I thank God that he was there to care for her when she was so sick.

I praise God for the fact that he answered our prayers and helped Brynn recover so quickly.

I am thankful for the many, many friends and family members that called, sent a text, prayed for, and came by to make Brynn feel better and to check on her.

There is something else that I have been praying about lately. My prayer recently is that God would provide a way for me to be able to stay at home and care for Brynn. I feel like I need to be there for her during this time in her life as she is growing and learning new things. I want her to know that mommy is there for her. It breaks my heart when I am rushing out the door to go to school and she is pulling on my clothes and begging me not to go, or when she says things like, "mommy's too busy, she has to grade papers." I want to be there for Brynn whenever she needs me. I want to care for my child and not have to leave it up to somebody else during the day to care for her.


You know me, I couldn't help but to take these sweet little pictures of Brynn as she was at the hospital...and you know Brynn she definitely worked up a smile for the camera! Look at my "tired little tiger"...



3 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

I am glad she is feeling better! Very scary!!

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

Praise God for Brynn's fast recovery! We want to come see that sweet girl soon.

MrsKBJ said...

Hi There! I think you left a comment on my blog. Are you a member on the jessica style forum? Now called star style? I added some girls from there on my blog. That is where I though you were from. I enjoy reading the "mommy blogs." I will delete your blog from my list. Sorry, I wish I knew exactly when/ why I put you I my list. I wouldn't of added you just because. There is a way to make it private so only people yo invite can look. Maybe you should do that.